Accreditation Listing for CHEA and ASIC
ASIC (Accrediting Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities): Direct link to Global Association for Quality Management (GAQM) listing at ASIC is mentioned below:
If ASIC is accessed from CHEA’s page, or by directly accessing ASIC at http://asic.org.uk you will be taken to the home page of ASIC. Then one must access the International Colleges directory.
To access the International Colleges directory, you must do the following.
- 1. Access ASIC from CHEA’s page or through http://asic.org.uk either of which will take you to the Home page of ASIC.
- 2. Hover mouse over College Directory.
- 3. When the menu shows up below it, click on link for International Colleges.
- 4. On the International Colleges page, scroll down to the listing for Global Association for Quality Management (GAQM)
- 5. Click on that link and you will see the information for Global Association for Quality Management (GAQM)
The United States based Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) (a non-governmental organization) maintains an International Directory which “contains contact information about 467 quality assurance bodies, accreditation bodies and Ministries of Education in 175 countries. The quality assurance and accreditation bodies have been authorized to operate by their respective governments either as agencies of the government or as private (nongovernmental) organizations.”
ASIC (Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities) is listed with CHEA as a member of the CIQG (CHEA International Quality Group) at
Quote from the CIQG page: “The CHEA International Quality Group (CIQG) is a rewarding and important forum for colleges, universities, accrediting and quality assurance organizations and others worldwide to address issues and challenges focused on quality and quality assurance in an international setting.”
To know the list of recognized higher education accreditation organizations by the appropriate governmental authorities world-wide, click on the below mentioned link